Wednesday 18 November 2015

Mother of political prisoner Behnam Ibrahimzadeh: I am proud of my son


Ayesheh Modaresi, the mother of labor activist Behnam Ibrahimzadeh said in defense of her son that he only acted based on his humanitarian duties and was imprisoned for this very reason. She says she is proud of her son.
Ayesheh Modaresi wrote in a letter:
My name is Ayesheh Modaresi, the mother of Behnam Ibrahimzadeh, a labor activist and member of the Association in Defense of Child Laborers and Homeless Children. Behnam is held in Gohardasht Prison. He was arrested on June 12, 2010 by security agents and first sentenced to 5 years in prison. However, he was prosecuted under new charges and sentenced to 9 years and 6 months in jail on charges of collusion, having relations with the People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran from inside of prison, and propaganda against the state.
Last month the Austrian NGO Sudwind dedicated my son, Behnam the “Raha” human rights award. As you are informed the Sudwind prize is dedicated to individuals who played a role in safeguarding and improving human rights. I am proud of my son and thank God for giving me

this child that has risen to his humanitarian duties. I am asking you and all those praising humanity, to focus your efforts to have Behnam returned to me and his family, and especially his 16-year old son who is suffering from blood cancer. Thank you very much – Ayesheh Modaresi”

No comments:

Post a Comment