Tuesday 10 May 2016

IRAN: Camp Liberty - Laila Mohammadi: The echoes of a common cause

Laila Mohammadi: The echoes of a common cause
Laila Mohammadi: The echoes of a common cause
Hello. This is my flute!
It appears to be a musical instrument but in fact, it is an efficient weapon that has harmonized hearts of the freedom fighters
with the Iranian people and people all over the world.
I played my flute in a beautiful sunrise in Ashraf. Within a short time I saw a young boy playing the same tune in Iran and then I heard its echo all over the world…! I call this reverberation, one of a “common cause”.
I found this common cause in my childhood. I learned it from my father who was a political prisoner at the time. I found it in the sad eyes of “Farshid”, a poor young boy with little clothing in the brutal cold winter. He was selling goods for a living in front of my high school. Farshid would sell pens in the morning and in the evening he would polish shoes on the street. There are many “Farshid”s in Iran. Yes. In Iran, there are many children and young adults whose childhood and dreams have been changed to gloom and dark prospects because of poverty.

No comments:

Post a Comment